Of all the things recently discussed this is the one thing on a daily basis that can become a nightmare particularly as a new manager you are usually left with the previous owners resources which may not suit you and a budget which initially will be non-existent or meagre.
Here are things to help you sort out in your own mind what and how to achieve the best for you, your team and learners.
- How will you establish staff and resource needs for the subject and how should requests of this be transmitted/reported/asked/sent to Senior leaders and/ or Headteacher? and by when?
- How will you or what is the process to let the Headteacher know about the deployment of your staff within your team and job roles?
- How will you ensure the effective and efficient management of resources including technology?
- How will you explore and assess the role of new use of resources in your department?
- How will you ensure you effectively use the rooms/accommodation that you are in?
- How will you ensure at all times that there is a safe working and learning environment?
I hope that some of these things have been useful and if you have any good practice to share please do so on the comments page.