As a leader you will need to ensure all of your teachers and learners receive the same curriculum to the same level using individuals skills, prior experiences and individual personality. Written like this it looks a large task but in reality it is made easier if you think about and follow your response to these questions.
- How will you develop subject policies then ensure all teachers” commitment to them?
- How will you ensure the above particularly in relation to high achievement and teaching and learning?
- How will you maintain a positive attitude towards your subject?
- What data will you need to collect? How often will it need to be collected? How should it be sued to inform policies, planning, targets and teaching methods.
- How will you establish short, medium and long-term subject development plans? How will you ensure that:-they contribute to the whole schools aims, that they are based on pupil performance data, identify targets for improvement within your subject and then most importantly ensure that they are understood by everyone involved, parents included.
- How will you monitor progress made in achieving your subjects development plan and targets?