Just some ideas of ways of using ICT to support literacy.
EAL pupils at all levels need support in attempting independent written tasks. They can be helped by:
* prior modelling of the type of text they are going to produce
* oral rehearsal of what they are going to write
* providing phrases and sentence beginnings, to support the child’s lexicon vocabulary and grammar as well as how sentences and language is structured
* Provide writing frames, to support writing development and knowledge of the correct genre format.
* giving them access to word and, or picture banks to reinforce and extend their vocabulary whilst supporting correct spelling