I was sent this by a cross stitch friend in Canada and thought maybe everyone else would be interested in information about Canada. I was intrigued especially by apple pie because I always thought my nan invented it.
So What do the Canadians Have to be Proud of?
4. Baseball is Canadian – 1st game June 4, 1838 – Ingersoll, ON
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers
10. Tim Horton’s beats Dunkin’ Donuts
11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington … We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and Partied…..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .
13. We have the largest English population that neverEver surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER!
(We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars)
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.
16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.
17. The Hudson Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth’s surface and is still around as the world’s oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes. (That’s more information than I need!)
19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don’t marry our kin-folk…
22. We have ALL frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have coloured money.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT !
The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands in, with mitts on.
OOOoohhhhh….. Canada !!
Oh yeah… And our elections only take one day!